Monday, March 31, 2014

Characters

When I am trying to come up with a character or illustration idea, I will often look around me to find inspiration.  In my book Imagination Destination, the two main characters are cats.  Kali and Tuxedo are based on my own two kitties: Kali and Sylvester. They are really brother and sister and are going on 9 years old this year.  It wasn't hard trying to find them to look at so I could get their coloring as exact as possible since most of the time they were either in my lap, sitting in front of my computer screen or playing around my chair just to get my attention.  

I like putting a part of my life into my books.  If you look closely, you will find this picture somewhere in my book Imagination Destination.  Can you find it? 


Find me on Facebook and Twitter