Thursday, June 19, 2014

My First Convention

This past weekend I was lucky enough to attend my first gaming convention, the Origins Convention in Columbus Ohio.  I was invited to go and meet a couple of fellow Beau Coup authors, Curtiss Robinson who writes Fantasy Adventure and Andrea Perno who writes Science Fiction. Also there signing books was a new science fiction author to me, Micah Cox. It was so fantastic getting to meet them all. They are amazing writers and just as amazing friends.  

My best friend was able to go with me and we had a blast looking around at everything.  We saw some cool games, amazing artwork, and some very creative costumes.  I had never attended anything like this before and wasn't sure if I would like it but it turned out to be a blast and I would certainly go back again. 

The high-point of the trip for me was actually getting to meet the other authors.  We are a tight group at Beau Coup but actually getting to see and talk to each other face to face was a wonderful experience.  If you get a chance, you definitely need to check out Curtiss Robinson's Heroes of Dae'Run series and Andrea Perno's debut book The Last Drop both out on Amazon. 

It is time for me to head back into my illustrating cave (it's just like a writer's cave lol) and continue work on my third book.  Catch ya soon!